This week, the world of makers is moving to the Salone del Mobile, with stands, demonstrations, workshops, and the chance to touch and feel their innovative inventions.
Arduino Officine and Maker Faire Rome will be at the Salone del Mobile with We Make OpenDesign at the Fuori Salone in Area35 on Via Vigevano No. 35, and La Bottega digitale (‘The Digital Workshop’) at the Salone Satellite in Fiera Milano Rho (gate 5, pavilion 22-24).
Particularly interesting will be the PopupMaker the event dedicated to the makers, their inventions and their stories and the Brunch with Massimo Banzi co-founder of Arduino and international guru of the Makers Movement.
Scheduled events at the FuoriSalone (Area 35 – Via Vigevano 35)
Project on display
- Open Mirror by DigitalHabits.it
- MyWall and Lettera by Pietro Leoni
- Cocktail Machine by Stefano Paradiso, Federico Vanzati, Matteo Loglio, Markus LoderTaucher
- Waterlilly by Cesare Griffa
- Twitter Wall by dotdotdot
The first 3 projects will be the key elements of Popupmakers Special Fuorisalone taking place on Wednesday 10 April from 7 pm to 9 pm.
Events and Workshops
- 10 April: Popupmakers.net with presentations by: Habits, Pietro Leoni, Markus LoderTauche 7 pm – 9 pm
- 11 April: 3D printing workshop organised by Wefab 2 pm – 6 pm
- 12 April: TinkerKit Workshop organised by Arduino 2 pm – 6 pm
- 13 April: Cut and fold workshop by dotdotdot 2 pm – 6 pm
- 14 April: Brunch Maker Faire Rome with Massimo Banzi (Arduino co-founder), Alessandro Masserdotti (dotdotdot co-founder) and Giorgio Olivero (todo co-founder) 11 am – 2 pm
Scheduled events at Salone Satellite (Rho Fiera)
Projects on display
- Repair _ The fixing machine by Stefano Paradiso, Enrico Bassi
- Open _ MyWall by Pietro Leoni
- Personalize _Spruzzo by Matteo Loglio, Enrico Bassi
- Sharing _ Waterlilly by Cesare Griffa
- Real Time production _€1 per minute design by Joris van Tubergen ( foto )
Events and Workshops
- 9 April _What is a Maker and why is it revolutionary? 4:30 pm
- 11 April _Make things interactive Workshop by Matteo Loglio (Officine Arduino) 2 pm – 6 pm
- 13 April _Workshop Makers in one day by Costantino Bongiorno (Maker Faire Rome) 2 pm – 6 pm
- 14 April _Design and digital production 10 am
So set a date with the future and innovation at the Salone del Mobile 2013!
And if you have more events to reccomend, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org